Menu icon Foundation
Working Backwards

Hello all,

I am very new to Foundation and SCSS so please bear with me. I commissioned a wordpress theme and want to do some revisions to the CSS, however since its all in SCSS and very complex I am not sure where to start.

My question is what is the best way to work backwards for a given project? I am attempting to download all of the needed elements that went into creating the framework like Compass and Bower but I am unsure if I have replicated the proper environment, which will cause something to break in the design. Thus far my attempts to launch compass have resulted in errors.

Thanks for any direction you can offer.

Wordpresthemescss

Hello all,

I am very new to Foundation and SCSS so please bear with me. I commissioned a wordpress theme and want to do some revisions to the CSS, however since its all in SCSS and very complex I am not sure where to start.

My question is what is the best way to work backwards for a given project? I am attempting to download all of the needed elements that went into creating the framework like Compass and Bower but I am unsure if I have replicated the proper environment, which will cause something to break in the design. Thus far my attempts to launch compass have resulted in errors.

Thanks for any direction you can offer.

Rafi Benkual over 3 years ago

Hi Rocky, welcome to Foundation!

Have you worked with a SCSS project before? What WP theme did you start with? The usage of it should be something we can guide you on.

If you are using a WordPress theme with Foundation built in, this would likely be the best place to continue working (if you need a WordPress backend). Otherwise you're better off using the Foundation CLI to create a new project. It will be set up from the get go.