Menu icon Foundation
Exclude dynamic fields from Inliner

Hi guys,

Me and my company make alot of use of Foundation for Emails and Inliner to create our responsive e-mails. Our client provides us with dynamic field snippets like for example the salutation and unsubscribe link. This worked fine until our client got a new website with new dynamic fields. These new fields get stripped out when ran through Inliner.

Example: get stripped out because of the greater- and lower than signs. So now we need to add these fields afterwards which is far from ideal since we make a lot of e-mails with many dynamic fields.

Is there any workaround for this problem like a way to exclude these fields from being stripped out?

Thanks in advance.

inlinerdynamicfieldsexcludegreaterlowerstripped

Hi guys,

Me and my company make alot of use of Foundation for Emails and Inliner to create our responsive e-mails. Our client provides us with dynamic field snippets like for example the salutation and unsubscribe link. This worked fine until our client got a new website with new dynamic fields. These new fields get stripped out when ran through Inliner.

Example: get stripped out because of the greater- and lower than signs. So now we need to add these fields afterwards which is far from ideal since we make a lot of e-mails with many dynamic fields.

Is there any workaround for this problem like a way to exclude these fields from being stripped out?

Thanks in advance.

Brandon Arnold over 3 years ago

We haven't seen this issue, but we're changing the inliner we'll be using for V2 which may take this problem into account. Do you know what language these template tags are in?

Rafi Benkual over 3 years ago

So your backend is providing the handlbars includes?

We use standard handlebars, something like Assemble.io to create our html partials. Typically we are inlining last after the flat files are processed and handlebars parsed. You may want to look into a way to inlne after the handlebars are parsed.

You may also provide an example to premailer which the inliner is based off of:
https://github.com/premailer/premailer