Menu icon Foundation
F6 - _scss settings not updating

Hello,

I am running a fresh install of f6 and launching with yeti (zurb template) and editing in adobe brackets.

Everything seems to be working except certain settings won't update from the _scss file in the src folder.

For example, when editing the $offcanvas absolutely nothing will occur. Whereas when editing base styles or $grid section for example, I will see full changes immediately.

A workaround I have figured is to go into the bower-components folder, make the changes I need in the component scss files, then go to the app.scss file in src folder, delete the "@include foundation-everything;" / save, then re-paste "@include foundation-everything;" / and re-save .

This reloads the files and the changes are reflected in live reload but not in the _scss file in src folder.

I am thinking that this is not correct and hoping for a solution? Any thoughts?

Thank you!

F6_scss

Hello,

I am running a fresh install of f6 and launching with yeti (zurb template) and editing in adobe brackets.

Everything seems to be working except certain settings won't update from the _scss file in the src folder.

For example, when editing the $offcanvas absolutely nothing will occur. Whereas when editing base styles or $grid section for example, I will see full changes immediately.

A workaround I have figured is to go into the bower-components folder, make the changes I need in the component scss files, then go to the app.scss file in src folder, delete the "@include foundation-everything;" / save, then re-paste "@include foundation-everything;" / and re-save .

This reloads the files and the changes are reflected in live reload but not in the _scss file in src folder.

I am thinking that this is not correct and hoping for a solution? Any thoughts?

Thank you!

This post has been closed. No new replies can be added.

Paper9oll over 3 years ago

@Ryan W looks like this is a bug that only affect users using projects created via Yeti Launch, i have reproduce through Atom editor like what you say ... it not working, but when i reproduce through non-Yeti Launch projects which is via packages manager way (bower, npm and gulp) of installation, it is able to work without needing to cut and paste the @include in app.scss.

Ryan W over 3 years ago

@Paper9oll Thank you for the response. I solved the issue by manually updating the files from github.

Link for those interested: https://github.com/zurb/foundation-sites/tree/v6.0.5

Specifically for the .off-canvas issues it seems the "!default" declaration under "foundation-sites/scss/components/_off-canvas.scss" was the main change from v6.0.3 to v6.0.5.

Hope this helps someone else!

And hopefully yeti launch can be updated soon as well =)