Menu icon Foundation
Foundation 5 And IE9

Hey guys,

I'm using Foundation 5 on a website and everything is working without issues except on IE9 (that's the lowest version we plan to support). It seems to be ignoring the CSS completely. I already tried:

- Checking the number of CSS selectors in the file I'm using, it was already about 3800 but I removed some extra things and got it down to about 3700.
- Adding the "X-UA-Compatible" meta tag to the top of the website with "IE=edge" in the content to make sure IE doesn't fall into compatibility mode.

But it didn't work. I tried checking the website on IE11 in IE9 mode but it seemed to work fine there. There are no errors that I can see so not sure what could be causing this issue.

The website is: https://www.logistaas.com/

Any thoughts on how to solve this would be highly appreciated.

Foundation 5Internet Explorerruby on rails

Hey guys,

I'm using Foundation 5 on a website and everything is working without issues except on IE9 (that's the lowest version we plan to support). It seems to be ignoring the CSS completely. I already tried:

- Checking the number of CSS selectors in the file I'm using, it was already about 3800 but I removed some extra things and got it down to about 3700.
- Adding the "X-UA-Compatible" meta tag to the top of the website with "IE=edge" in the content to make sure IE doesn't fall into compatibility mode.

But it didn't work. I tried checking the website on IE11 in IE9 mode but it seemed to work fine there. There are no errors that I can see so not sure what could be causing this issue.

The website is: https://www.logistaas.com/

Any thoughts on how to solve this would be highly appreciated.

Dan Bartels almost 4 years ago

It seems your css file path is incorrect or it is not posted live - following the path results in a 404 error.
Not sure how it worked in IE11 though.

Ahmad Abdel-Yaman almost 4 years ago

Not sure if you're trying this on IE9 but I'm pretty sure that's not the case, I tried opening the CSS path in Chrome, Firefox, and IE11, and none of them gave any errors. I can't imagine why IE9 would have an issue opening it though.