Menu icon Foundation
Class Suggestion: Zurb F6 Workflow

A video or class with a walk-through of the Zurb F6 workflow would be awesome. Something that assumes I understand the Foundation CSS, but walks me through Yeti, Panini, the Zurb Template, compiling SASS and the Panini partials. Assume I'm a designer that understands Foundation 5 so you don't need to show me the button class, but hasn't used Handlebars or SASS previously.

I think a free video walk-through might reduce the number of getting-started questions on the Forum, plus be a good advertisement for a more in-depth, paid class that goes deeper into the workflow and methodology.

workflowyetipaniniscsstutorialclass

A video or class with a walk-through of the Zurb F6 workflow would be awesome. Something that assumes I understand the Foundation CSS, but walks me through Yeti, Panini, the Zurb Template, compiling SASS and the Panini partials. Assume I'm a designer that understands Foundation 5 so you don't need to show me the button class, but hasn't used Handlebars or SASS previously.

I think a free video walk-through might reduce the number of getting-started questions on the Forum, plus be a good advertisement for a more in-depth, paid class that goes deeper into the workflow and methodology.

Erik M about 4 years ago

Excellent suggestion!

Its actually been something on my mind lately. I built a lot of the functionality into Yeti Launch, and its possible some of it isn't even known since there isn't videos or documentation for Yeti Launch (yeti!). I'd be happy to bring this up to the team. Thanks for the feedback :).

Regards,
Erik

Jay Thatcher about 4 years ago

Yes, a video walk-through of Yeti features would be awesome. A quick overview of the Zurb template folder structure would be a plus, to answer questions like, "Why are there 3 folders named 'scss' plus one named 'sass'?" …and a get familiar with Panini video? Am I getting too greedy? I'm very excited about Foundation 6, but have been frustrated about my knowledge gap. I took a class on the SASS language so I get what CSS it will create, but I have this gap of not understanding how Yeti, Panini, and my text editor start harmoniously kicking but*.