Menu icon Foundation
Round buttons with F6

It is not so wondeful that some things that being normal in F5 are away.
For shure i can mkae my own css for that, but just a sentence in the docs for f6 would be nice
if something is changed.

roundbuttonsF6

It is not so wondeful that some things that being normal in F5 are away.
For shure i can mkae my own css for that, but just a sentence in the docs for f6 would be nice
if something is changed.

Brandon Arnold over 3 years ago

Round buttons and Radius buttons were things we felt were too presentational to justify classes and found they allowed people to make some poor code choices. Things like round and radius aren't often mixed, but instead used for every button in the site. We noticed our own design team and other designers adding round or radius to every button on their site, then when a client decided they didn't want it anymore they ended up either needing to remove it from the button, or worse change what that class mean't in CSS.

Ken M over 2 years ago

I'd like to meet these other designers who Brandon mentions who weren't able to spend 10 seconds doing a replace-all and removing the round class application inside HTML. Why remove it from CSS instead? A very poor thought choice.

Now, all of us who enjoyed round/radius have to add it manually into the CSS. Sounds like a cop-out in my opinion... But I at least appreciate that he addressed it. I foresee it returning in Foundation 7, after they get tired of sharp corners on every button and div.

Find the code for radius and round here: http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/36406#comment_26850

Add it into app.css, or better yet, back into foundation.css where it belongs...

miss ziva about 1 year ago