Menu icon Foundation
What happened to config.rb?

Just trying to wrap my head around F6, currently, and creating a new Foundation project, I notice that the config.rb file is no longer present. Obviously, I can see a lot has changed about the new version, but I'm missing a very important component of my development cycle, without this file?

I keep all my Foundation files separate from the rest of my work (I use Foundation for my own WordPress parent theme), so I usually change the config.rb to point the saved app.css file to another directory. I'm unsure how to make this happen in the new regime?

Thanks!

config.rb

Just trying to wrap my head around F6, currently, and creating a new Foundation project, I notice that the config.rb file is no longer present. Obviously, I can see a lot has changed about the new version, but I'm missing a very important component of my development cycle, without this file?

I keep all my Foundation files separate from the rest of my work (I use Foundation for my own WordPress parent theme), so I usually change the config.rb to point the saved app.css file to another directory. I'm unsure how to make this happen in the new regime?

Thanks!

James Stone over 3 years ago

Config.rb is from foundation 5 is you used compass (rather than grunt + libsass) to compile your sass.

i.e. compass watch

In Foundation 5 lots of people switched over to using Grunt / Libsass. This was with the --libsass flag when you use the foundation cli to install.

i.e. grunt

Now in Foundation 6 the default option is libsass + Gulp (A different project that is similar to Grunt).

i.e. npm start (or gulp)

I would recommend moving over to the Gulp workflow unless you have a strong reason for using Ruby Compass to compile your sass.

If you had modified your config.rb file before to optimize the output of your sass or to include additional sass import directories, you can do the same thing in the gulpfile.js. The format is slightly different but you should be able to largely do the same types of things.