Menu icon Foundation
YETI LAUNCH FEATURE: Multiple Project Directories.

It would be great if we could create our projects in different locations.
I have work projects in one directory, and personal projects in a different directory, so having to change directories is disruptive to workflow.

I currently use prepros as my Sass compiler, and it allows me to select directories on a per project basis.

Are there plans to support other preprocessors like Jade in the future within yeti-launch, or is it just going to be based around ZURB workflow?

yeti launchDirectoriesFeaturerequest

It would be great if we could create our projects in different locations.
I have work projects in one directory, and personal projects in a different directory, so having to change directories is disruptive to workflow.

I currently use prepros as my Sass compiler, and it allows me to select directories on a per project basis.

Are there plans to support other preprocessors like Jade in the future within yeti-launch, or is it just going to be based around ZURB workflow?

Brandon Arnold almost 2 years ago

This hasn't been a use case, but may be helpful. We tend to keep all our sites in a sites folder, so we had made an assumption that it would be easier to just set this in one place. Wouldn't be too hard to make it an option though.

As far as compiling different things, for now we're keeping it simple to match the 2 ZURB templates although we're working on ways to expand that. There are tons of different tools for compiling and our aim wasn;t to be the most comprehensive, but the easiest for the average founbdation user.

At this point we're definitely seeing how people are using it and taking notes though.

Eric Tirado almost 2 years ago

Thanks for your feedback Brandon!
I get you! I like to keep workflows as minimal as possible.
My issue is that work requires me to work from a team-dropbox, so my files are shared and backed up (I wish they'd adopt a Github workflow), but I dislike dropbox for personal work due to the fact that it requires more work to jump into from the terminal. Thus I use two directories.

Since you're taking notes on how people are using it:
I work for a non-profit, and my team is not terminal savvy since everyone is too busy or intimidated to learn, so I strip down foundation to its basic folders of scss, js and html, so they can just drop it in Prepros and get to work. I love being able to easily update foundation with bower, but it'd be awesome if we could download an updated scss version of Foundation that is not built for a package manager.

Here's the template work file I made for the team, so you can get an idea on how we use Foundation: (https://www.dropbox.com/s/kvl3obwphjadc8i/_ZF6-Jade-SCSS%28FULLY%20FUNCTIONAL%29.zip?dl=0)

This is just for your information, and don't need your further feedback. Thanks for everything!

Btw. Thanks for the interview with Travis Neilson on ZF6. I've been a long time viewer of the channel.

Stuart McCoy over 1 year ago

This a thousand times yes. I have a workflow whereby I organize ~/sites by client and within each client I have a project folder because I might do 10-15 emails for a single client or I might have 3 or 4 web sites for another client. If any of these sites require a CMS, I run my preferred two above root so I need to setup the folder something like this, "~/sites/acme_widgets/roadrunner_trap_x5000/dev/". Within the dev folder I have a /cms folder and a /html folder which mirrors the live server's structure somewhat. I can modify my workflow some and let Yeti Launch install into my /dev folder but I'd need to cahnge the project folder each time I start a new project. I'm back to Codekit and MAMP Pro (which I'd still need anyway to develop CMS based sites) for the time being but I'll take a look at Yeti Launch every now and then to see if this issue is resolved.