Menu icon Foundation
Is it possible to make Foundation 6's Orbit responsive?

So currently orbit applies a `style="height: [insert height here]"` attribute to `ul.orbit-container`. That height is based on the actual height of the images, and is done through JS when the page is loaded (I would assume). If you resize the browser, however, it maintains that original height and does not scale accordingly therefore causing a large whitespace under orbit. Is there a way to have it be truly responsive? Like a `height: 100%` kind of thing.

Orbitfoundation 6Responsivejavascript

So currently orbit applies a `style="height: [insert height here]"` attribute to `ul.orbit-container`. That height is based on the actual height of the images, and is done through JS when the page is loaded (I would assume). If you resize the browser, however, it maintains that original height and does not scale accordingly therefore causing a large whitespace under orbit. Is there a way to have it be truly responsive? Like a `height: 100%` kind of thing.

Brandon Arnold about 4 years ago

This is an Orbit bug we're working on fixing, we need to add the height to the resize event.

Jay Tuckwell almost 4 years ago

Is there any news on this?

Kevan H almost 4 years ago

I ran into this issue. In Foundation's 5.5 docs it says Orbit has been deprecated and you could use something like Slick Carousel. Read that here:
http://foundation.zurb.com/sites/docs/v/5.5.3/components/orbit.html

They say: "This image slider is really slick: Slick Carousel. It has all the features Orbit has and can also be used as a carousel for single image sliding. It's easy to set up and is well supported."

Slick Carousel here if you wish: http://kenwheeler.github.io/slick/

Ben D almost 4 years ago

Any word on a fix here?

I'm not even sure that having a fixed height on .orbit-container is even necessary.

Enforcing height:auto on it seems to work fine on Chrome at least.

Bjarni Wark over 3 years ago

Where is the best place to modify the height setting, in the CSS or JS?

Thomas Venturini over 2 years ago

still not done ...

abslayer 8 months ago

Any news on this?