Menu icon Foundation
rem-calc not working in v6 _settings.scss

I'm doing some tests of the Yeti Launch (1.0.0) interface for the new V6 Sites stack.

I want to change the .row default 1200px (75rem) max-width to 1000px (62.5rem).

I assume that the way I am supposed to do this is to open /[mysite]/src/assets/_settings.scss and uncomment line 203:

// $global-width: rem-calc(1200);

... and change it to:

$global-width: rem-calc(1000);

However that does not do the trick; when I save the change the max-width value vanishes disappears from the .row rule. This seems to be due to rem-calc(); if I remove that and just plug in 1000px or 62.5rem for the $global-width I get what I need.

As far as I can tell the /[mysite]/bower_components/foundation-sites/scss/util/_unit.scss should be getting imported properly, but the file/import structures are complicated enough that I'm not certain.

yeti launchclifoundation 6rem-calc

I'm doing some tests of the Yeti Launch (1.0.0) interface for the new V6 Sites stack.

I want to change the .row default 1200px (75rem) max-width to 1000px (62.5rem).

I assume that the way I am supposed to do this is to open /[mysite]/src/assets/_settings.scss and uncomment line 203:

// $global-width: rem-calc(1200);

... and change it to:

$global-width: rem-calc(1000);

However that does not do the trick; when I save the change the max-width value vanishes disappears from the .row rule. This seems to be due to rem-calc(); if I remove that and just plug in 1000px or 62.5rem for the $global-width I get what I need.

As far as I can tell the /[mysite]/bower_components/foundation-sites/scss/util/_unit.scss should be getting imported properly, but the file/import structures are complicated enough that I'm not certain.

Ben Siegfried about 4 years ago

Yep, same here, and i just tried what he said he got to work, and it works for me too.

Here's my forum post on this.

http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/36510-f6-grid-row-width-not-applying-yeti-launching-causing-it