Menu icon Foundation
How Fondation works inside a project

Hi,

I have read a lot of thing but still have some question about how to begin with foundation. (sorry for my english, I am note an english speaker)

For now i am thinking that :
- all folder of fondation 6 (scss, js and dist) have to been in the root of my project like a project with express zend etc ...
- the result of all my work with foundation will be in dist but usually most website have a public folder with folder as css, js, img. for this point i guess i have to use something like gulp to copy all compiled files to the good folder

I am on the bad way or ?

also ( because i love see where i go) how that works in production ?

Thanks for any path to follow !

Fondation 6F6projectstructure

Hi,

I have read a lot of thing but still have some question about how to begin with foundation. (sorry for my english, I am note an english speaker)

For now i am thinking that :
- all folder of fondation 6 (scss, js and dist) have to been in the root of my project like a project with express zend etc ...
- the result of all my work with foundation will be in dist but usually most website have a public folder with folder as css, js, img. for this point i guess i have to use something like gulp to copy all compiled files to the good folder

I am on the bad way or ?

also ( because i love see where i go) how that works in production ?

Thanks for any path to follow !

This post has been closed. No new replies can be added.

Chris over 3 years ago

Hi,

i prefer installing Foundation for Sites via bower (www.bower.io).

And you're right: The compilation from sass to css can be done nicely with gulp.

Here you can see my directory structure for jekyll, the static site builder:
https://goo.gl/XE9jdK

There you can take a look at the .bowerrc which tells bower to put the assets (foundation) in the assets/vendor folder and you can take a look at the gulpfile.js to see what the sass task does with the scss files.

Chris

priscille quistin over 3 years ago

Thanks to reply

if I understand if i setup foundation with bower i would be able to have a specific folder for it and enjoy a clean root project ! cool

and with gulp the generated css is in assets/css ( so that mean compass is not use any more for watch ans compile)

Big thanks !

Have you ever use foundation in production ?

Chris over 3 years ago

I use Foundation for Sites now for 2 years. Sure, for production!

Yeah, you can tell bower where to put the assets.

If you work with jekyll, you work in the root folder with some folders prepended by an underscore. The final site is put into the "_site" folder. From there you can transfer it to your webspace.

When you download the Zurb starter (http://foundation.zurb.com/sites/docs/starter-projects.html#zurb-template) you'll see another approach. The site is build by panini. Here you work in the src directory and the final site is put into "dist".

Nice!

i am working as back end and front-end( i try to improve my skill for this one) zurb template will not make it for my project but i will find a way your answer already give me a hand !

about the production how that works for a foundation project with sass ?

Chris over 3 years ago

"about the production how that works for a foundation project with sass ?"
What do you mean exactly?

I mean which part of foundation will be use in production, the last generated cs,js, etc or .. ?

Chris over 3 years ago

Yes, you use only the last generated CSS file (should be minified) and the foundation.min.js file.

Thank you for all your answer and patience !