Menu icon Foundation
F6 Grid-Row-Width not applying; Yeti Launching causing it?

I have a Yeti Launch Zurb Template Sass install. I'm wanting to create a single layout that is narrower than the grid-row-width of 1200 rem-calc so that I have a 'boxed-layout' style where the page is, for example, 805 wide and with a background of white, and the body background is a different color or an image.

When I uncomment and change the grid-row-width to something less than 1200 the row spreads larger than the default install, so changing the value of 1200 to anything less isn't working. Shouldn't the grid be narrowing as I decrease the grid-row-width in _settings? Am I missing something here or something broken?

F6gridgrid-row-widthfoundation 6rem-calcyeti launch

I have a Yeti Launch Zurb Template Sass install. I'm wanting to create a single layout that is narrower than the grid-row-width of 1200 rem-calc so that I have a 'boxed-layout' style where the page is, for example, 805 wide and with a background of white, and the body background is a different color or an image.

When I uncomment and change the grid-row-width to something less than 1200 the row spreads larger than the default install, so changing the value of 1200 to anything less isn't working. Shouldn't the grid be narrowing as I decrease the grid-row-width in _settings? Am I missing something here or something broken?

Erik M almost 2 years ago

I don't think you are doing anything wrong. There was an issue with Yeti Launch where it would report that scss was compiling, when in reality there is a syntax error. This results in the website not being updated which is very confusing. We have fixed this bug in the new version of yeti launch which is released here http://foundation.zurb.com/develop/yeti-launch.html.

The patch addresses:

• Javascript error on startup
  • Scss error reporting @blynnc
  • Glitch for users with a space in their path trying to open an editor

Big enhancement:

• Hosted code integration

A few other minor enhancements:

• Allow underscores in project names @blynnc
  • Change editor button in settings sidebar

I hope this solves your problem, please give it a try and let me know. I'll be happy to help you fix this issue.

Thanks,
Erik

Ben Siegfried almost 2 years ago

I installed it and tried to do the same thing and it is still doing the same thing. The rows are all expanding beyond 1200; it doesn't go to the edge of the browser window but almost, maybe 20px off. The rows should all be getting narrower to 850 but they aren't.

// Global
// ------

$global-width: rem-calc(850);

I thought I was going crazy so I tried a Basic Template installation and it is doing the same thing.

Then I tried a Codekit F6 Basic Template installation and when I change the row width to 850 it applies and the entire grid narrows when Libsass compiles. Not sure why all of the SCSS is uncommented when I do a Codekit install of F6, and that all of the SCSS in either Yeti Launch install is all commented out. Shouldn't I be able to just uncomment global-width via Yeti Launch's _settings file and get the grid to narrow or is there something else I need to beyond just uncommenting 'global-width?'

Are the issues you're having with Yeti Launch causing this issue I'm having as well?

Ben Siegfried almost 2 years ago

Yep, I'm having the same issue as this person:

http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/36562-rem-calc-not-working-in-v6-_settingsscss