Menu icon Foundation
New site fails Windows cli

Hi,
I've installed Foundation on a Win 7 64 bit machine via npm. When I try to create my site from a folder, I get the following error message when attempting to download a project template (basic or zurb):

Downloading the project template...C:\Users\eb0t3754\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\foundation-cli\node_modules\update-notifier\node_modules\configstore\node_modules\graceful-fs\polyfills.js:14
  chdir.call(process, d)
        ^
Error: ENOENT, no such file or directory
    at Error (native)
    at process.chdir (C:\Users\eb0t3754\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\foundation-cli\node_modules\update-notifier\node_modules\configstore\node_modules\graceful-fs\polyfills.js:14:9)
    at process.chdir (C:\Users\eb0t3754\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\foundation-cli\node_modules\bower\node_modules\bower-config\node_modules\graceful-fs\polyfills.js:14:9)
    at process.chdir (C:\Users\eb0t3754\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\foundation-cli\node_modules\bower\node_modules\graceful-fs\polyfills.js:14:9)
    at process.chdir (C:\Users\eb0t3754\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\foundation-cli\node_modules\npm\node_modules\graceful-fs\polyfills.js:18:9)
    at C:\Users\eb0t3754\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\foundation-cli\lib\commands\new.js:84:15
    at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (C:\Users\eb0t3754\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\foundation-cli\node_modules\exec\exec.js:90:5)
    at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:110:17)
    at maybeClose (child_process.js:1015:16)
    at Socket.<anonymous> (child_process.js:1183:11)

The polyfills.js file is in the directorys that the command is looking for, so I am stuck as to how to get past this issue.

Cheers
Mark

windowsclifailurepolyfills.js

Hi,
I've installed Foundation on a Win 7 64 bit machine via npm. When I try to create my site from a folder, I get the following error message when attempting to download a project template (basic or zurb):

Downloading the project template...C:\Users\eb0t3754\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\foundation-cli\node_modules\update-notifier\node_modules\configstore\node_modules\graceful-fs\polyfills.js:14
  chdir.call(process, d)
        ^
Error: ENOENT, no such file or directory
    at Error (native)
    at process.chdir (C:\Users\eb0t3754\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\foundation-cli\node_modules\update-notifier\node_modules\configstore\node_modules\graceful-fs\polyfills.js:14:9)
    at process.chdir (C:\Users\eb0t3754\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\foundation-cli\node_modules\bower\node_modules\bower-config\node_modules\graceful-fs\polyfills.js:14:9)
    at process.chdir (C:\Users\eb0t3754\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\foundation-cli\node_modules\bower\node_modules\graceful-fs\polyfills.js:14:9)
    at process.chdir (C:\Users\eb0t3754\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\foundation-cli\node_modules\npm\node_modules\graceful-fs\polyfills.js:18:9)
    at C:\Users\eb0t3754\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\foundation-cli\lib\commands\new.js:84:15
    at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (C:\Users\eb0t3754\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\foundation-cli\node_modules\exec\exec.js:90:5)
    at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:110:17)
    at maybeClose (child_process.js:1015:16)
    at Socket.<anonymous> (child_process.js:1183:11)

The polyfills.js file is in the directorys that the command is looking for, so I am stuck as to how to get past this issue.

Cheers
Mark

Mark Southee over 3 years ago

I was wondering whether it is related to the two npm warnings during installation:

npm WARN deprecated exec@0.1.4: deprecated in favor of builtin child_process.execFile
npm WARN deprecated lodash@2.4.2: lodash@<3.0.0 is no longer maintained. Upgrade to lodash@^3.0.0.

Cheers
Mark

Michael Roper over 3 years ago

Did you ever resolve this?  I have the same issue on Windows 8.1.  Is this the wrong place to get help?  Surprised Zurb has ignored this for five months.