Menu icon Foundation
Orbit in Foundation 6, is it alive?

In Foundation 5 there was talk of deprecating Orbit, and mentions that Zurb were using Slick, which is what I've been utilizing if i required a carousel.

Just looked at the Sites Docs and Orbit has the look of something, well, useful.

Won't have a chance to use it for a bit, but has Orbit been resuscitated?

carouselOrbitslickfoundation 6

In Foundation 5 there was talk of deprecating Orbit, and mentions that Zurb were using Slick, which is what I've been utilizing if i required a carousel.

Just looked at the Sites Docs and Orbit has the look of something, well, useful.

Won't have a chance to use it for a bit, but has Orbit been resuscitated?

[email protected] almost 4 years ago

Thanks for the link. I don't personally see the use of Orbit in the way it's intended, so I'll stick with Slick or Owl.

Lynda Spangler almost 4 years ago

Saw an article on Foundation 6. It had this to say about Orbit:

Orbit Slider is Back and More Robust

Foundation 6 has brought back the Orbit slider, but with a different approach this time around: it’s designed to be a wireframing tool. This version comprises only a little HTML and a little JavaScript. The code to customize it will be done inside the page markup and is much easier to carry out.

When looking for a slider in your production phase, the team at ZURB recommend using a slider such as Owl slider for example. As mentioned, the Orbit slider is purely meant as a wireframe tool.

Source: http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/articles/the-yetis-back-foundation-for-sites-6-is-leaner-faster-and-better--cms-25046