Menu icon Foundation
Use F5 and F6 on the same machine

Hello ZURBinas,

I wonder how i can use Foundation 5 und 6 (SASS/Compass) based projects on the same machine. I have many F5 based projects (that i have to maintain) and want to start some new F6 based projects. Is it possible?

And i'm about to setup a new Mac (clean OS X El Capitan). How can i install the needed components (foundation cli, sass, compass...) to work with those existing F5 and the new F6 projects?

Best regards,
Tobias

Foundation 5foundation 6same machine

Hello ZURBinas,

I wonder how i can use Foundation 5 und 6 (SASS/Compass) based projects on the same machine. I have many F5 based projects (that i have to maintain) and want to start some new F6 based projects. Is it possible?

And i'm about to setup a new Mac (clean OS X El Capitan). How can i install the needed components (foundation cli, sass, compass...) to work with those existing F5 and the new F6 projects?

Best regards,
Tobias

Rafi Benkual about 4 years ago

Are you creating new projects on Foundation 5?

Maintaining both is doesn't change. Are you trying to use the CLI to create both Foundation 5 projects and Foundation 6?

Tobias Bruns about 4 years ago

No, i just want to maintain F5 projects. I don't need to create em. For new projects, i will use F6.

Uzi Ashkenazi over 3 years ago

@Rafi, I believe the question is can we still continue to maintain our F5 project after upgrading to the new foundation-cli (for f6). If not, what would be an alternative tools we can use to work on projects that will not be upgraded to f6.