Menu icon Foundation
Foundation 6 Frustrations

Hi All,

I just started transiting and i find out that foundation 6 does changes a lot as in the _settings.scss no longer features a lot of variables (as ZURB developer says the code-base is now smaller in size) as i previous use the variables in my personal .scss files.

For instant my personal buttons.scss uses $radius inside the @include button mixins. This is longer available inside foundation 6.

The top bar also been changed dramatically such as most configuration is now removed or repackaged.

Furthermore, the documentation seem to have degraded from Foundation 5 ones, not sure i'm only the one that think i have degraded.

Well I do welcome Foundation 6 as it is faster and more fluid but anyway ... feel free to leave your thoughts (comments) below.

foundation 6

Hi All,

I just started transiting and i find out that foundation 6 does changes a lot as in the _settings.scss no longer features a lot of variables (as ZURB developer says the code-base is now smaller in size) as i previous use the variables in my personal .scss files.

For instant my personal buttons.scss uses $radius inside the @include button mixins. This is longer available inside foundation 6.

The top bar also been changed dramatically such as most configuration is now removed or repackaged.

Furthermore, the documentation seem to have degraded from Foundation 5 ones, not sure i'm only the one that think i have degraded.

Well I do welcome Foundation 6 as it is faster and more fluid but anyway ... feel free to leave your thoughts (comments) below.

This post has been closed. No new replies can be added.

James Stone almost 4 years ago

There are always changes like this that break your workflow a bit with a new version. Although I also am stuck re-memorizing some new class names and structures for the sass mixins, I am confident it is for the better. I have used Foundation since version 3 and there are always some changes like what you are describing. Each feature added some great functionality and today we are leaps and bounds ahead of foundation 3.

As for buttons you can easily just add the border-radius to you css or if you use it alot, why not just write your own mixin that wraps foundations button mixin. That is what I would do if I used it a lot.

@mixin rad-button($expand, $background, $background-hover, $color, $style, $radius) {
  @include button($expand, $background, $background-hover, $color, $style);
  border-radius: $radius;
}

Paper9oll almost 4 years ago

@James Stone thanks you for the help, i do agree it bring some great functionality and i hope it get better by the day as we will be more use to it.

Antonio Gallo almost 4 years ago

same