Menu icon Foundation
Foundation 6 Sails.JS integration

Oi! I think I figured out how to port Foundation 6 to Sails.js without too much refactoring and without using bower and still have easy updates. Easy updates are important here because this framework is rather active and changes a lot, and you don't want to do 10 copy paste operations every time there is an update. With this one you should be able to just do npm install for the new version and it will just work hopefully.

I hope it can be useful to people because I remember what a pain it was to get Foundation 5 integrated at first. 6th was a lot easier for me. Partly because I already know this stuff and partly because 6th is just easier to integrate. Check the repo here:
https://github.com/megakoresh/foundation6-sails

Sails.jsnpmfoundation 6

Oi! I think I figured out how to port Foundation 6 to Sails.js without too much refactoring and without using bower and still have easy updates. Easy updates are important here because this framework is rather active and changes a lot, and you don't want to do 10 copy paste operations every time there is an update. With this one you should be able to just do npm install for the new version and it will just work hopefully.

I hope it can be useful to people because I remember what a pain it was to get Foundation 5 integrated at first. 6th was a lot easier for me. Partly because I already know this stuff and partly because 6th is just easier to integrate. Check the repo here:
https://github.com/megakoresh/foundation6-sails

James Stone about 4 years ago

I might have to take another look at Sails.js. I was using it a while back experimentally but there was very poor documentation on Passport and handling user authentication.

Nice job on the integration and thank you for sharing with the community.

Erik M about 4 years ago

Super cool! I love Sails and am really excited that you did this!

Thanks for sharing,
Erik

Stanislav Simovski about 4 years ago

@James Stone It's strange. I have been using Sails for the last 2 years and Passport is the preferred method of authentication with it. There are some good examples on sails101 for passport integration, a number of community extensions and of course Waterlock - a very easy to use and robust auth system that covers the most common cases. Right now for instance I am working with SAML strategy on sails and the actual integration part was not difficult. For the most part the difficulties are in configuring Passport itself. Sails is in general very unopinionated, it is easier to integrate with than other backend frameworks.