Menu icon Foundation
Warnings getting started using JointsWP 4

I just discovered foundation and I'm really fascinated by this great framework!

Primarily, I would like to use it for WP projects, so I discovered JointsWP which looks promising.

However, I'm having troubles getting started with the sass version which I would like to use.

I did a fresh installation of wordpress, and installed the jointswp theme.

When I do npm install, it installs the dependencies.

But when I do 'gulp', I get a bunch of warnings.

Doing gulp watch and gulp styles seems to work but doing gulp vendor-js gives a "Too many errors. (67% scanned)." reply.

When I install a fresh copy of foundation 6 and use the foundation-cli, I have no problems what so ever.

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Sk rmavbild 2015 11 21 kl. 16.20.16

jointswpnodebowernpmwp

I just discovered foundation and I'm really fascinated by this great framework!

Primarily, I would like to use it for WP projects, so I discovered JointsWP which looks promising.

However, I'm having troubles getting started with the sass version which I would like to use.

I did a fresh installation of wordpress, and installed the jointswp theme.

When I do npm install, it installs the dependencies.

But when I do 'gulp', I get a bunch of warnings.

Doing gulp watch and gulp styles seems to work but doing gulp vendor-js gives a "Too many errors. (67% scanned)." reply.

When I install a fresh copy of foundation 6 and use the foundation-cli, I have no problems what so ever.

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Sk rmavbild 2015 11 21 kl. 16.20.16
Bobetinho over 3 years ago

I noticed that it still creates the files even though all the warnings. Does someone know how to change so that the "To many errors" disappears.

I guess I would need to change some jshint settings, "maxerr" seems to be the setting. Does someone know what file to change and to what?

Jeremy Englert over 3 years ago

jshint doesn't seem to agree with how Foundation and jQuery structure/write JS. They weren't necessarily errors, more like warnings.

I remove jshint from running on Foundation and other vendor files. So this issue should now be resolved.