Menu icon Foundation
F6 complete download not working

Hi! I just downloaded the F6 complete package but it is not working. Also the file is referring to JS includes that aren't there... Please help a big Foundation fan!

downloadimcompleteF6not working

Hi! I just downloaded the F6 complete package but it is not working. Also the file is referring to JS includes that aren't there... Please help a big Foundation fan!

Aron Patterson over 3 years ago

Can you provide more details on how you downloaded the complete package? Was it through command prompt/npm/bower? Did you copy the files from Git?

Rafi Benkual over 3 years ago

Hi JE -
It's been a few days and a few updates have been made. Can you try again and let us know if it's all good now?

Val Ery over 3 years ago

Not working... And not only.
I choose a custom download (really I want to try a 16 column grid and change the primary color in the color scheme). The result is 130 KB archive. In css directory - only app.css with zero weight.
Complete download - 161 KB archive.

JE over 3 years ago

I think the download everything is working now...

Erik M over 3 years ago

Hey Val,

Can you tell us the boxes that were checked in the custom downloader that caused the failure? It's possible the unique set of components created an edge case we havn't seen yet. Apologies for the trouble.

Thanks,
Erik

Val Ery over 3 years ago

Hi, Erik!
I check all checkboxes - http://i.imgur.com/roxR9wN.png
Download result - http://i.imgur.com/c1xunTb.png

Thanks!

Erik M over 3 years ago

Thanks Val,

I just tried all the checkboxes on my computer and it worked. Can you tell me what browser you are using?

Val Ery over 3 years ago

Thanks Erik!
My browser - Firefox Developer Edition v.44.0a2
Also tried to load in Chrome (v. 46.0.2490.86) and Rekonq (v. 2.3.2 KDE 4.14.2)
My OS - Linux
All browser caches cleaned

Erik M over 3 years ago

Thanks for the info Val,

It's strange that we are seeing different things, but we will get it figured out :). Perhaps the issue is that you are selecting both the grid, and the flex grid. Technically only one is supposed to be selected, but we added logic to make sure it works even if both are selected.

Can you try downloading with all the checkboxes except flex grid, or all the checkboxes except regular grid?

Also, you were still only seeing the app.css file in the css folder when you used the different browsers, correct?

Val Ery over 3 years ago

Yes, "painting" is absolutely the same when downloading from different browsers - only one file app.css.
I also thought that the problem is related to a simultaneous selection of Grid and Flex. So, five minutes ago have selected only the Grid...
Everything turned out :) In CSS in the directory three files: app, foundation (73.8kB) and foundation.min (51.3kB).

Although, I don't understand why it's so weird works a compilation of the stylesheet. If I understand correctly, the compilation comes from a set of components that should simply append lines to the output file. If only in Foundation using the logic of conflict tracking...

The problem is solved. Thank you.

Rafi Benkual over 3 years ago

@Erik M I think the Grid and flex grid can be a radio button to only allow one to be selected at a time?

Erik M over 3 years ago

Good suggestion. I will make that change.

Emrah over 3 years ago

I am having this problem.
I was experiencing the same thing on f5 too. Component files are missing. I also am not sure custom build is correct.
Tried on Chrome and Safari.