Menu icon Foundation
Help with a few basics

I am just getting my head around Foundation again with v6.

I generally understand the whole idea of SASS and compilers, and the whole grid system etc of Foundation.

Where I do tend to have brain freeze is with some of the basic getting started stuff. In particular the file structure, and which files in which folders are being referenced and used by other files in other folders.

Firstly, am I correct in thinking the new Yeti Launch is equivalent to the Compass app, and that when a project is running, that is the equivalent of Compass watching a project? I assume so, as I have been able to see it compile / update the main app.css file. But only by stopping and starting the project again. Should this do it by itself, even if its at regular intervals rather than immediately changes / saves are detected?

I was a bit confused by the different folders, e.g.:

/bower_components/foundation-sites/scss/
/dist/assets/scss/
/src/assets/scss/

In testing, I have figured out that by default, the scss files I edit in

Are used to update the main app.css file in

/dist/assets/css/

Is this really all I need to worry about? I'm just not sure I have fully understood what I should be doing with the

/dist/assets/scss/
/src/assets/scss/

folders.

If anyone could just clarify some of this stuff in layman's / for dummies terms I would be really grateful!

Thank you!

getting startedscssfoundation 6yeti launch

I am just getting my head around Foundation again with v6.

I generally understand the whole idea of SASS and compilers, and the whole grid system etc of Foundation.

Where I do tend to have brain freeze is with some of the basic getting started stuff. In particular the file structure, and which files in which folders are being referenced and used by other files in other folders.

Firstly, am I correct in thinking the new Yeti Launch is equivalent to the Compass app, and that when a project is running, that is the equivalent of Compass watching a project? I assume so, as I have been able to see it compile / update the main app.css file. But only by stopping and starting the project again. Should this do it by itself, even if its at regular intervals rather than immediately changes / saves are detected?

I was a bit confused by the different folders, e.g.:

/dist/assets/scss/
/src/assets/scss/

In testing, I have figured out that by default, the scss files I edit in

Are used to update the main app.css file in

/dist/assets/css/

Is this really all I need to worry about? I'm just not sure I have fully understood what I should be doing with the

/dist/assets/scss/
/src/assets/scss/

folders.

If anyone could just clarify some of this stuff in layman's / for dummies terms I would be really grateful!

Thank you!

Aron Patterson almost 3 years ago

I can't really explain the Yeti Launcher (it hasn't launched for Windows yet). However, I can enlighten you a bit on the different folders.

/src/ is usually the local, uncompressed copy of a website, while /dist/ is usually the distributed/production-ready copy of a website. So the /dist/ is your uglified/minified code when you do a gulp build:prod.