Menu icon Foundation
Foundation 6 Upgrade Docs

Foundation 5 included documentation on upgrading:
http://foundation.zurb.com/sites/docs/v/5.5.3/upgrading.html

Anything planned for the Foundation 6 docs?

Foundation 5 included documentation on upgrading:
http://foundation.zurb.com/sites/docs/v/5.5.3/upgrading.html

Anything planned for the Foundation 6 docs?

[email protected] over 3 years ago

+1

[email protected] over 3 years ago

+1

Buba Bayo over 3 years ago

We still waiting guys.

Eule over 3 years ago

+500

Anna Callahan over 3 years ago

+1

Anna Callahan over 3 years ago

+1

Paul Appleyard over 3 years ago

Plus Juan.

Also, +1 for voting ..

Jeroen Noten over 3 years ago

How far are you with the upgrade docs? Must become very good given that you are already working 4 months on it.

Carol Skelly over 3 years ago

Any update on the Foundation 6 upgrade guidance?

Oliver over 3 years ago

+1 

now 6 month still no support on this subject. I would like to upgrade to F6 but there seems zero info about this.

Elyasin Shaladi over 3 years ago

+1 - how many of you guys managed to migrate to bootstrap instead. I am losing my trust in Foundation since months....

Oliver over 3 years ago

I agree, I think since some time now to move to bootstrap. Way better documentation and bigger user-base out there for help. With foundation I felt many times pretty alone. And I did a lot of projects with F5 already and used to be a big fan. But now I feel like this is the wrong choice more and more and I not even want to start on F6

Olympia K over 3 years ago

Hi guys, anything we can be updated on here?

Even a simple guide would be really helpful and critical to so many of us. Thank you!

Oliver over 3 years ago

I feel really left alone with Foundation since quite some time. Nobody seems to care. I guess it is easier to forget about Foundation and switch to Bootstrap :(

I run like 5 projects on Foundation 5 but did not yet jump over to Foundation 6 and instead do new projects on Bootstrap as well.  

Corey Schaaf over 3 years ago

Anyone who's used the framework knows while it being easy to use, also has some pretty complicated things happening behind the scenes. While I would like the docs sooner rather than later, I'd be willing to bet the people at Zurb want to make sure what they provide in a migration guide provides a seamless transition to the new framework.  

Imagine having errors in a migration guide that thousands of people go to use ... and then breaks their sites ... and then having to deal with the backlash from that?

Sorry - I'd rather get a guide that's well thought through, tested and benchmarked, rather than being forced to deal with all the headaches of a migration guide that is incomplete and rushed out the door just for the sake of getting it to us. 

Olympia K over 3 years ago

A little communication on status would be much appreciated.

Bilal Abdeen over 3 years ago

I managed to upgrade a (relatively simple) project from 5 to 6. The amount of effort involved made me think twice before upgrading my other bigger projects. I expect any migration documents to be quite complex. I don't expect simple step-by-step instructions. If a document is ever made, it would probably be some general guidelines or a high-level check-list. 

I have summarised my experience in upgrading that relatively simple project in the following post. 

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36558589/work-needed-to-upgrade-zurb-foundation-v5-to-v6-2/37152108#37152108

Good luck... 

Bilal Abdeen

Bilal Abdeen over 3 years ago

I managed to upgrade a (relatively simple) project from 5 to 6. The amount of effort involved made me think twice before upgrading my other bigger projects. I expect any migration documents to be quite complex. I don't expect simple step-by-step instructions. If a document is ever made, it would probably be some general guidelines or a high-level check-list. 

I have summarised my experience in upgrading that relatively simple project in the following post. 

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36558589/work-needed-to-upgrade-zurb-foundation-v5-to-v6-2/37152108#37152108

Good luck... 

Bilal Abdeen

Magda Jans over 3 years ago

What makes me thoughtful is the fact that there is no response from the developers' side here – something like: "sorry folks for being so slow but we are working on it"... Also I see that the forum is full of spam, as if nobody takes care of it. What is the matter here? I decided NOT to use bootstrap because my choice always goes to a small business when it is equally good as a big business. Maybe Skeleton is the better choice in future.

Uzi Ashkenazi over 3 years ago

This sounds like a cold thread but did anyone was successful in maintaining ZF5 projects with the new cli which supports ZF6? From what I see, the change is the cli is massive and completely changes the local development environment. 

Perhaps it would be best to continue with ZF5 projects using compass and only use the cli for new re-design using Zf6. Any thoughts?