Menu icon Foundation
Joyride initalization and configuration

I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong. Initially I initialized Joyride without any configuration, and it worked perfectly. I added configuration so that joyride would be disabled for mobile as seen in the code I'm providing here, and it fails with a "TypeError: $(...).append(...)[0] is undefined". Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong are appreciated!

$(document).foundation('joyride', 'start', {
    	 template: { // HTML segments for tip layout
			  wrapper: '<div class="joyride-content-wrapper show-for-medium-up"></div>',
		 }
	});

joyrideconfigurationjavascript

I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong. Initially I initialized Joyride without any configuration, and it worked perfectly. I added configuration so that joyride would be disabled for mobile as seen in the code I'm providing here, and it fails with a "TypeError: $(...).append(...)[0] is undefined". Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong are appreciated!

$(document).foundation('joyride', 'start', {
    	 template: { // HTML segments for tip layout
			  wrapper: '<div class="joyride-content-wrapper show-for-medium-up"></div>',
		 }
	});
Chris Oyler about 4 years ago

Remove the comma at the end of your wrapper string. I'm not saying that's gonna fix it, but that should cause an exception. After that, I would request a screencap of the line that's throwing the TypeError, from the dev tools. I think I might know what the issue is, but more info would be very helpful.

Tasha Jaeger about 4 years ago

Thanks! Removed the comma, didn't help. Here's a link to the screencap of the line that the error refers to:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/drqjwrjgn48r2u9/js-error-line.jpg?dl=0