Menu icon Foundation
Multiple people working on foundation for apps project

I used the method on the foundation for apps site to install and create a new project. I am also working with multiple people on this app. I'm using GIT to store the files and am ignoring bower, node_modules.

If I want to have another developer work on this project and they are cloning it from the repo what's the steps to actually use the project. I don't believe they would go through the same process as stated for creating a new app.

Do I simply clone the project and then run npm install? I tried that but things were missing. The primary thing is the app already exists so it doesn't make sense to create a new app.

multiple users on foundation apps projectfoundation for apps

I used the method on the foundation for apps site to install and create a new project. I am also working with multiple people on this app. I'm using GIT to store the files and am ignoring bower, node_modules.

If I want to have another developer work on this project and they are cloning it from the repo what's the steps to actually use the project. I don't believe they would go through the same process as stated for creating a new app.

Do I simply clone the project and then run npm install? I tried that but things were missing. The primary thing is the app already exists so it doesn't make sense to create a new app.

Tim Hartwick about 4 years ago

Hi Preston,

I would create a new Github repo with your apps project in it, then commit and push it to your new repo. This will make it so that anyone can clone from your personal repo, work on it, then push code back to it.

Keeping bower and node_modules cuts down on the amount of code stored on the repo. Keep this the same. When someone wants to clone your project, they'll still need to run "npm install" and "bower install" to get all of the dependencies.

Try running "bower install" to see if the missing files get added.

Let me know if this helps!

Preston about 4 years ago

Thanks Tim,

That worked. I just didn't see that exact flow on the documentation for an existing project. Might be a good idea to add that.