Menu icon Foundation
Modernizr Not Found

I installed F5 with Sass (followed steps at http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/sass.html) - Created a Compass Project. I believe I followed all steps properly, and I have successfully compiled my stylesheet using "bundle exec compass watch" and app.scss.

The directory /bower_components/modernizr was created, but the script source that my demo.html file is looking for at:
bower_components/modernizr/modernizr.js is not there. Error:

/bower_components/modernizr/modernizr.js net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND

I don't understand why it would be missing here. I'm sure I could just down load modernizr.js manually and place in the directory, but isn't this method of install supposed to automate this for me?

Any guidance here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
-Alex

FoundationSassscssmodernizr

I installed F5 with Sass (followed steps at http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/sass.html) - Created a Compass Project. I believe I followed all steps properly, and I have successfully compiled my stylesheet using "bundle exec compass watch" and app.scss.

The directory /bower_components/modernizr was created, but the script source that my demo.html file is looking for at:
bower_components/modernizr/modernizr.js is not there. Error:

/bower_components/modernizr/modernizr.js net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND

I don't understand why it would be missing here. I'm sure I could just down load modernizr.js manually and place in the directory, but isn't this method of install supposed to automate this for me?

Any guidance here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
-Alex

Rafi Benkual almost 4 years ago

If you go to bower_components folder -> foundation -> bower.json

Then change the modernizr dependency to just

"modernizr": "2.7.2",

so remove >=

Save and then run bower update

Eduardo Domingos almost 4 years ago

Same problem here! Removing >= didn´t fix the problem :(

Did you run bower update or bower install?

Alex Hudson almost 4 years ago

Hi Rafi,

I tried to run based on your instructions and unfortunately the problem is not fixed. I ran "bower update" as you instructed. modernizr.js still not found.

Eduardo Domingos almost 4 years ago

Yeah. I also ran bower update and bower install. I also remove the bower_components folder completely before run bower install.

Any other suggestions here? I'd love to have modernizr running properly before I move into the next phase of development.

Thanks-

We pushed an update yesterday that resolves this. If you create a new project it will use modernizr 2.8.3

Hi Rafi,

I backed up my project and created a new install from scratch. This appears to have corrected the issue with modernizr as you have suggested.

However, now when I try to implement the SCSS from my backup project, I am noticing an error using compass transition mixin:
@include transition(###);

This is the error I receive:
error scss/app.scss (Line 124 of bower_components/foundation/scss/foundation/components/_global.scss: Undefined variable: "$_property".

It it resolved when I remove the use of the mixin from app.scss.

Any ideas why now there is a problem using this?

Thanks,
-Alex

Hi Rafi,

This problem remains unresolved. Will you be able to offer any insight here?

Thanks for your help,
-Alex

You may have another issue?

@Alex Hudson That is a different issue logged here. https://github.com/zurb/foundation/issues/6921

Thanks Rafi. I have moved this request for support to the proper channel.

I believe this thread can be closed. Thanks for all your help.