Menu icon Foundation
Overriding the core _topbar file?

Hi, I'm new to Foundation, and while I'm beginning to understand the structure of things (such as the core folder structure), I'm struggling to understand how I use styles.

I understand that I am not meant to edit anything in: "assets/components/" such as "_topbar.scss" for example. However, how do use the styles specified in that file in the: "assets/scss/_topbar.scss" file?

I've tried copying & pasting and it does not work.

styles

Hi, I'm new to Foundation, and while I'm beginning to understand the structure of things (such as the core folder structure), I'm struggling to understand how I use styles.

I understand that I am not meant to edit anything in: "assets/components/" such as "_topbar.scss" for example. However, how do use the styles specified in that file in the: "assets/scss/_topbar.scss" file?

I've tried copying & pasting and it does not work.

Wayne Smallman about 4 years ago

As a further example, in the "Foundation Documentation" which discusses the Top Bar ( http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/components/topbar.html ), there's mention of the "Available SCSS Variables" but there's no mention of what to do with those variables.

Do I edit the: "_topbar.scss" in "assets/components/", or do I copy & paste them into the: "assets/scss/_topbar.scss" file instead? I have no idea.