Menu icon Foundation
Accordion nav for open/close - no cigar

I have searched through all the accordion threads on the forum and it could be that there just isn't a solution for this. I have an accordion set up for an FAQ and it is working very well - but the arrow icon used in the only Building Blocks example is to the very far right and just too small to be noticed on the what is my "question" panel. I'm trying to stick with the basic HTML/CSS as I am stuck with a website that is IE8 (shoot me now.....).

I've tried adding a +/- with my existing font family and that is better than the icon, and I can adjust the size of that with the font-size in the CSS. I've changed the float: right to float:left - but that puts the +/- at the last line of the content of my "question" panel. What I really want is to have the +/- stay at the upper left on the "question" panel - and preferably even a bit off the panel to the left. Is that even possible with CSS and the basic accordion css? I'm going to keep trying on my own, but if anyone can point me in the right direction I would be super grateful.

Foundationquestion

accordionnavigationposition absoluteie8

I have searched through all the accordion threads on the forum and it could be that there just isn't a solution for this. I have an accordion set up for an FAQ and it is working very well - but the arrow icon used in the only Building Blocks example is to the very far right and just too small to be noticed on the what is my "question" panel. I'm trying to stick with the basic HTML/CSS as I am stuck with a website that is IE8 (shoot me now.....).

I've tried adding a +/- with my existing font family and that is better than the icon, and I can adjust the size of that with the font-size in the CSS. I've changed the float: right to float:left - but that puts the +/- at the last line of the content of my "question" panel. What I really want is to have the +/- stay at the upper left on the "question" panel - and preferably even a bit off the panel to the left. Is that even possible with CSS and the basic accordion css? I'm going to keep trying on my own, but if anyone can point me in the right direction I would be super grateful.

Foundationquestion
Rafi Benkual about 2 years ago

It's hard to tell what the issue is you're having. Have an example?

The example you referred to in the building blocks uses a float.

You could also position the icon absolute http://codepen.io/rafibomb/pen/rOMwre?editors=110

Sherry Bradford about 2 years ago

BITTEN BY IE8 AGAIN!!!!

This makes me crazy. The environment in which I must develop is set up for IE11 ONLY (don't EVEN get me started on how insane this is). But our actual environment is IE8. So adding position:absolute works great in IE11 - but will not work at all with IE8 (i have a gazillion shivs already taking care of just about everything possible and they aren't helping with this).

So IE8 is completely ignoring the position:absolute, doesn't line up to the left and so doesn't apply any of the left/top alignment.

AARGHHHHH......