Menu icon Foundation
Zurb Foundation for Apps & Django Integration

I tried a lot to figure out how exactly can I integrate Zurb Foundation for Apps & Django. But, I need to understand how it can be done in the best possible way.

Zurb Foundation for Apps runs its own server to compile files to build/ folder. And to run Django code, we need to have a different server running.

How can I simplify this process?

Here are my thoughts:

1. I can run both the servers independently. But, this is a bit complex to implement & I don't think this is advisable.

2. I can build files in Foundation & then can copy the same in Django directory structure & will run only Django server.

What can be the possible directory structure?

I am really confused how to implement the same in best possible way. It will be great if someone can hep me out in this.

appsdjango

I tried a lot to figure out how exactly can I integrate Zurb Foundation for Apps & Django. But, I need to understand how it can be done in the best possible way.

Zurb Foundation for Apps runs its own server to compile files to build/ folder. And to run Django code, we need to have a different server running.

How can I simplify this process?

Here are my thoughts:

1. I can run both the servers independently. But, this is a bit complex to implement & I don't think this is advisable.

2. I can build files in Foundation & then can copy the same in Django directory structure & will run only Django server.

What can be the possible directory structure?

I am really confused how to implement the same in best possible way. It will be great if someone can hep me out in this.

Geoff Kimball about 4 years ago

You won't be using our stock project template to integrate with Django—you'll need to roll your own solution. Thankfully, there are good tutorials and libraries out there on integrating Django and Angular. I would start by getting Angular in general working with a Django backend, and then add Foundation for Apps in.

Here are some things to look into: