Menu icon Foundation
Ink, images, Outlook problem

I'm using Ink to create a template for emails whose content will include online images of unknown sizes. I'm using the default img style block. Usually, my problem with Outlook is that it displays the images at their full size, blowing out the email layout. But suddenly, Outlook is reducing all of my content images to 32x32 thumbnails! Has anyone else seen this behavior with Outlook 2013, and is there a solution?

Outlookimages

I'm using Ink to create a template for emails whose content will include online images of unknown sizes. I'm using the default img style block. Usually, my problem with Outlook is that it displays the images at their full size, blowing out the email layout. But suddenly, Outlook is reducing all of my content images to 32x32 thumbnails! Has anyone else seen this behavior with Outlook 2013, and is there a solution?

Tim Hartwick almost 4 years ago

That is a strange one! In my experience, Outlook typically does what you described as forcing the images to their full size. I haven't come across this behavior before. If you want, you could post your code and we could take a look at it.

My first guess would be that there is a css rule that is causing this issue.

Also make sure that you're original image widths are the appropriate size. See: http://zurb.com/ink/docs.php#images