Menu icon Foundation
npm start for FS?

Hi guys,

Am starting a new project with FS after playing around for a while with FA. I'm using FA with Sass, and I am wondering if there is a elegant solution to start a server like what you guys created for FA? You know like with FA you can just go:

npm start

And you can access your app at localhost:8080.

Obviously I can upload the site to my server, but as a newbie to all this node stuff, is there a CLI to do this more simply?

Thanks,
Robert

clinodenpmSass

Hi guys,

Am starting a new project with FS after playing around for a while with FA. I'm using FA with Sass, and I am wondering if there is a elegant solution to start a server like what you guys created for FA? You know like with FA you can just go:

npm start

And you can access your app at localhost:8080.

Obviously I can upload the site to my server, but as a newbie to all this node stuff, is there a CLI to do this more simply?

Thanks,
Robert

Rafi Benkual almost 4 years ago

Foundation for Sites 5 is currently using Grunt. If you installed the CLI and create a Libsass project, it will run with the grunt command. Since it is for static sites, it does not create it's own server.

Robert North almost 4 years ago

Thanks Rafi.

It looks like it might be a feature of Fs6 though.

If anybody else wants to do what I wanted and they have a bash with python, find your way to your site directory built with grunt, and run:

python -m SimpleHTTPServer 8000