Menu icon Foundation
Clearing doesn't load images when Modernizr isn't used

I'm trying to create as minimalistic Foundation 5.x build as possible, so I have most JS components disabled. I've also removed Modernizr as I don't use it's capabilities.

The removal breaks Clearing, but every other component works correctly. It replaces the whole .clearing-thumbs element with empty:

<div id="foundationClearingHolder"></div>

What does Clearing needs Modernizr for? Is it possible to load only the needed function to make Clearing work without Modernizr?

clearingmodernizr

I'm trying to create as minimalistic Foundation 5.x build as possible, so I have most JS components disabled. I've also removed Modernizr as I don't use it's capabilities.

The removal breaks Clearing, but every other component works correctly. It replaces the whole .clearing-thumbs element with empty:

<div id="foundationClearingHolder"></div>

What does Clearing needs Modernizr for? Is it possible to load only the needed function to make Clearing work without Modernizr?

Rafi Benkual almost 4 years ago

Modernizr is a dependency for Foundation. It's mainly being used to detect touch devices and cross browser compatibility.

For Clearing, Modernizr is being used to detect touch devices. (Modernizr.touch)