Menu icon Foundation
Is there a way to change how certain functions trigger?

Sorry if the topic title is rather vague but we're running into a conundrum.

So many of the Foundation5 functions (what I'm calling things like the orbit, breadcrumbs, reveals, etc.) activate via triggers mainly by < href="#" >

For us, this is problematic as we've restructured our site in progress by utilizing an applike website. So everything loads on visit and the "pages" are visited via IDs ("#"). Because of this, using things like reveals, tabs, etc., causes the site to think the user is attempting to visit a page.

My question is, is there a way to change the way these functions trigger?

Foundation 5triggersrevealbreadcrumschangehelp

Sorry if the topic title is rather vague but we're running into a conundrum.

So many of the Foundation5 functions (what I'm calling things like the orbit, breadcrumbs, reveals, etc.) activate via triggers mainly by < href="#" >

For us, this is problematic as we've restructured our site in progress by utilizing an applike website. So everything loads on visit and the "pages" are visited via IDs ("#"). Because of this, using things like reveals, tabs, etc., causes the site to think the user is attempting to visit a page.

My question is, is there a way to change the way these functions trigger?

Rafi Benkual almost 4 years ago

In terms of an easy way to change the way a plugin is activated, you would need to change the JS. Some plugins like Orbit and reveal can be triggered from an element other than an <a> tag. Most every Foundation plugin uses a show and hide method with a class. You should be able to create your own function for those classes.