Menu icon Foundation
IE9 and Foundation 5

If anyone can help me, I'd be SO grateful. I've literally been working on this all day. Somewhere along the line, my foundation theme no longer appears in IE9. The stylesheets are completely ignored. They appear in IE10 and even IE8 references them to an extent.

What I don't understand is why? Earlier in the project, all browsers were checked and it seemed to be fine. Is Modernizr not working on my theme? I'm calling the JS for it...

So overwhelmed. Don't know what to do. I'm using the newest version of Foundation 5 with the reverie wordpress framework.

I really appreciate any help. pro-gard.com

IE9ie8cssFoundation 5

If anyone can help me, I'd be SO grateful. I've literally been working on this all day. Somewhere along the line, my foundation theme no longer appears in IE9. The stylesheets are completely ignored. They appear in IE10 and even IE8 references them to an extent.

What I don't understand is why? Earlier in the project, all browsers were checked and it seemed to be fine. Is Modernizr not working on my theme? I'm calling the JS for it...

So overwhelmed. Don't know what to do. I'm using the newest version of Foundation 5 with the reverie wordpress framework.

I really appreciate any help. pro-gard.com

This post has been closed. No new replies can be added.

Wing-Hou Chan about 5 years ago

Hey Lindsey!

Could you let us access the site via IE9? At the moment there is a message telling me to upgrade the browser so I won't be able to view the source code and help.

Lindsey Jones about 5 years ago

Yes, absolutely, I'll de-activate that now. I am so grateful for your help.

Wing-Hou Chan about 5 years ago

Hmmm. It's hard to find the problem. I tried testing your CSS validation. There are around 250 errors in app.css however I don't think that is causing the problem.

The html is not getting the classes defined by your IE conditionals so I want you to try this:

<!doctype html>
<!--[if IE 9]><html class="no-js lt-ie10" lang="en"> <![endif]-->
<!--[if gt IE 9]><!--><html class="no-js" lang="en"><!--<![endif]-->

You won't need conditionals for IE6, 7 or 8 as Foundation won't work in them browsers anyway and they are declining in user numbers.

Rafi Benkual about 4 years ago

IE9 has a selector limit - remove unneeded CSS and you'll be good.
http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/17982