Menu icon Foundation
Using Foundation just like a Compass plugin without boilerplate includes

Hey guys,

I'm really stoked about what Foundation offers including pretty much all of its opinions and dependencies, but there is one issue: Although there is a well-documented pure-sass mixin for all pieces (for those of us who like to write semantic css), I can't seem to find an option to _only_ use those.

For instance when I include the grid, I could just define my rows and columns myself and get all the css I need, but all the large-123 pull-this pull-that classes are still added. I *could* just head into the source and comment out the @include exports("component") but that hardly seems a future-proof way to do things.

As far as I can tell with grid (I have only looked at this component so far) there are no other dependencies that are not covered within the mixins, so I see no reason why there is no switch to use Foundation purely for those.

Is there an easy way to use Foundation purely as a Compass plugin rather than a CSS Framework with all of its presentational classes? Any help on this is much appreciated,

with kind regards
Chris

boilerplatecompassincludespresentational classes

Hey guys,

I'm really stoked about what Foundation offers including pretty much all of its opinions and dependencies, but there is one issue: Although there is a well-documented pure-sass mixin for all pieces (for those of us who like to write semantic css), I can't seem to find an option to _only_ use those.

For instance when I include the grid, I could just define my rows and columns myself and get all the css I need, but all the large-123 pull-this pull-that classes are still added. I *could* just head into the source and comment out the @include exports("component") but that hardly seems a future-proof way to do things.

As far as I can tell with grid (I have only looked at this component so far) there are no other dependencies that are not covered within the mixins, so I see no reason why there is no switch to use Foundation purely for those.

Is there an easy way to use Foundation purely as a Compass plugin rather than a CSS Framework with all of its presentational classes? Any help on this is much appreciated,

with kind regards
Chris