Menu icon Foundation
The reveal modal and facebook sharing

Hi,

We're using the reveal modal to display detailed calendar event listings (there's a list of upcoming events, and if you click the title, a modal appears with the specifics for that event). The content is generated, and does not have it's own page. We're using CMS Made Simple, and the calendar is a module for that CMS.

Have anyone found a good way to create dynamic share on facebook-code for modals? The share would have to create a link that takes the user to our site, and display the modal automatically. It would also need to post content from said modal on facebook.

Anyone with a smart and easy way?:-)

revealmodalsocialsharelinkunique

Hi,

We're using the reveal modal to display detailed calendar event listings (there's a list of upcoming events, and if you click the title, a modal appears with the specifics for that event). The content is generated, and does not have it's own page. We're using CMS Made Simple, and the calendar is a module for that CMS.

Have anyone found a good way to create dynamic share on facebook-code for modals? The share would have to create a link that takes the user to our site, and display the modal automatically. It would also need to post content from said modal on facebook.

Anyone with a smart and easy way?:-)

Steve Trask over 5 years ago

Hi Visga,

I love a challenge but i think you might have chosen the wrong method for the content, I would have a separate page for the details of the event or an iframe as such because modals are fired from a specific link with a data attribute so there is no external link that will fire it. Also for the benefit of SEO you want each event to be listed as crawlable content so when you search for x event you get x page listed not mixed with the others.

I know this is the answer you were looking for but in a way it is the easiest and smartest!

Hope this helps

Steve

Visaga DA over 5 years ago

Hello,

Thanks for answering :-)

We've been considering that, but we wanted to make sure it wasn't easily doable first. We'll just have to use separate pages, then!

Thank you :-)