Menu icon Foundation
Scroll down - Orbit

I have a quite tall content slider with Orbit on a mobile page. Is there any way to enable Orbit to only accept left/right swipes, and let me scroll down the content on the page when i swipe up/down?

Long story short, is it possible to scroll down the page if an Orbit slider covers the whole mobile screen?

Thanks!

mobileOrbitFoundationswipescroll

I have a quite tall content slider with Orbit on a mobile page. Is there any way to enable Orbit to only accept left/right swipes, and let me scroll down the content on the page when i swipe up/down?

Long story short, is it possible to scroll down the page if an Orbit slider covers the whole mobile screen?

Thanks!

Rafi Benkual over 5 years ago

The answer is yes! A commit was just added with a clever solution to this.
https://github.com/zurb/foundation/commit/f2a1f8fc3853df6c158d1e8765a117e38c01b12d

You can update to the master branch or 5.2.1 will be released tomorrow with it.

Filip Iversen over 5 years ago

Wow! Nice timing :D

EDIT:
Just tested this on my Nexus 5 with Chrome. A lot of times it won't slide properly, almost like the slider is lagging insanely, but it works better than nothing atleast! :) The problem seems to appear when I try to swipe fast. However if I hold down on the slider for a bit and then swipe it works.

I do suggest doing some further testing on different mobile devices to ensure that it actually works properly before releasing.