Menu icon Foundation
bootstrap outter frame and wrap foundation(ZURB) as a inner frame on Joomla YEEditor

Hi All,

New to the foundation framework, I am the developer at YEEDEEN and the lead developer of YEEditor.
A drag and drop widget based editor for Joomla and it is now powered by bootstrap.

Our product line are evolving around the Bootstrap framework.

But since last week, when we are creating a template system called YETemplate, also a drag and drop widget based layout/theme editor for Joomla

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6UQsYBMSvc

I had been playing around with Foundation and I am now just in loved with the function it provided.
My process regards to bootstrap outter frame and wrap foundation(ZURB) as a inner frame.

Joomla administration panel is kinda lock tide with Bootstrap 2.3.2. We will be conducting some test around this. Because YEEditor and YETemplate are being developed base on BS2.3.2. Not sure if this is a good approach.

Scenario 1.
Keep the backend control panel with BS, and only change the frontend framework to load Foundation.

Scenario 2.
Restructure YETemplate and YEEditor backend and re-built it upon Foundation, and also change the frontend to load with Foundation.

We are still under a lot of investigation, because YEEditor is a drag and drop widget based editor that print out bootstrap html in the frontend. YEEditor do all the heavy lifting for non-coder. Since there's over 70% template nowadays uses bootstrap, so most of our client don't have any compatibility issue. I am afraid if we change it to foundation, everything will break for our existing client. Need some insight on this.

I am not sure if YEEditor print out foundation code and the template that the client uses are powered by bootstrap, I think this will create some degree of incompatibility issue.

If anyone have faced this kind of issue before, it would be so nice you can share it with me.
I personally really want to use Foundation in our future development, if we can resolve the compatibility issue.

joomlaYEEditorYETemplatebootstrap with foundation

Hi All,

New to the foundation framework, I am the developer at YEEDEEN and the lead developer of YEEditor.
A drag and drop widget based editor for Joomla and it is now powered by bootstrap.

Our product line are evolving around the Bootstrap framework.

But since last week, when we are creating a template system called YETemplate, also a drag and drop widget based layout/theme editor for Joomla

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6UQsYBMSvc

I had been playing around with Foundation and I am now just in loved with the function it provided.
My process regards to bootstrap outter frame and wrap foundation(ZURB) as a inner frame.

Joomla administration panel is kinda lock tide with Bootstrap 2.3.2. We will be conducting some test around this. Because YEEditor and YETemplate are being developed base on BS2.3.2. Not sure if this is a good approach.

Scenario 1.
Keep the backend control panel with BS, and only change the frontend framework to load Foundation.

Scenario 2.
Restructure YETemplate and YEEditor backend and re-built it upon Foundation, and also change the frontend to load with Foundation.

We are still under a lot of investigation, because YEEditor is a drag and drop widget based editor that print out bootstrap html in the frontend. YEEditor do all the heavy lifting for non-coder. Since there's over 70% template nowadays uses bootstrap, so most of our client don't have any compatibility issue. I am afraid if we change it to foundation, everything will break for our existing client. Need some insight on this.

I am not sure if YEEditor print out foundation code and the template that the client uses are powered by bootstrap, I think this will create some degree of incompatibility issue.

If anyone have faced this kind of issue before, it would be so nice you can share it with me.
I personally really want to use Foundation in our future development, if we can resolve the compatibility issue.