Menu icon Foundation
Best way to update Foundation -css version

I have a custom build of F5.2 and I hear that 5.2.1 will come out in the coming week. How do people upgrade their css to the next version and still maintain their custom settings they set in the custom download?

Thank you

upgradecss

I have a custom build of F5.2 and I hear that 5.2.1 will come out in the coming week. How do people upgrade their css to the next version and still maintain their custom settings they set in the custom download?

Thank you

Wing-Hou Chan over 5 years ago

Howdy!

Unfortunately that is not possible if you made changes direct into Foundation's core as you replace the complete file.

The best way to prevent this is to create your own CSS file dedicated to overriding Foundation, or just for every project make overrides to Foundation in your main stylesheet.

Rafi Benkual over 5 years ago

SASS/SCSS version

When doing an upgrade the changes you made to _settings.scss and app.css DO NOT get changed. http://zurb.us/1cz4yqy

As long as your custom css is in the stylesheets folder, and you make scss changes in _setting.scss your customizations are kept.

CSS only update

You will want to copy over your custom stylesheet into your updated download. Using a custom stylesheet for overrides is better for upgrading purposes.