Menu icon Foundation
Why are the form elements unstyled compared to F4?

It feels like a bit of a step back from F4 - especially the unstyled dropdowns, they look pretty.. well.. crappy. I'm guessing there was a technical reason behind this - I'd be interested to know the reasoning though.

Also, does anyone feel the typography / font sizes are worse compared to F4? I'm looking at the F4 / F5 docs side by side, and F4 looks much MUCH better and more readable...

Form Elements

It feels like a bit of a step back from F4 - especially the unstyled dropdowns, they look pretty.. well.. crappy. I'm guessing there was a technical reason behind this - I'd be interested to know the reasoning though.

Also, does anyone feel the typography / font sizes are worse compared to F4? I'm looking at the F4 / F5 docs side by side, and F4 looks much MUCH better and more readable...

Feather Light about 6 years ago

Hi, James Craine
Thanks for your report, I don't know this is a forum bug, cache, or you not write title to your post
But my advice, if is someone there who can help you, but not read your post becase the spesific title not found.
For the next, it would be better if you include a title to your post :)

punkstjimmy about 6 years ago

Looks like you accidentally put the post title in the 'Tags' field, so this post has no title.

Looks like custom forms have been removed because they didn't work properly on touch screen devices. See this comment on Github:

https://github.com/zurb/foundation/issues/2090#issuecomment-29141263

Cheers,
Jamie