Menu icon Foundation
Tabs - dl element validaton error

when validation a site which is using Tabs I got a validation error from the 3WC Validator:

error message is:
Element dl is missing a required child element

Content model for element dl:
Zero or more groups each consisting of one or more dt elements followed by one or more dd elements, optionally intermixed with script-supporting elements.

Reading the docs it seems to me that there is no usage of a dt element.

Ist that the way it is today and I have to accept the error or is there a way around?

Thanks for any hints.

tabsw3c validation

when validation a site which is using Tabs I got a validation error from the 3WC Validator:

error message is:
Element dl is missing a required child element

Content model for element dl:
Zero or more groups each consisting of one or more dt elements followed by one or more dd elements, optionally intermixed with script-supporting elements.

Reading the docs it seems to me that there is no usage of a dt element.

Ist that the way it is today and I have to accept the error or is there a way around?

Thanks for any hints.

Rafi Benkual over 5 years ago

So the validator is looking for a description list which has a child element of <dt>.

The tabs are built with <dl> and <dd> and have no <dt> so that is why you are seeing this error. It hadn't been an issue in the past. We may at some point change change the markup when Foundation changes during a major point release.

owen almost 5 years ago

is there anything that we can do to get around this being an html5 validation error?