Menu icon Foundation
Touch events inside modal / the "hit" highlight appears offset when content is bigger than the viewport.

Undefined

I did a screen capture using emulation. The highlighted "Brand" area is what I expect to happen every time. However, if the menu system is larger than the modal view port, I noticed when a touch event happens ... the highlight that happens is offset. (see image below).

Undefined

Notice how "Browns" highlighted area is off. Even if I touch to the left of the B, it still honors the touch event ... it's the highlight that happens after the touch that appears to be off. As I stated above, menus that don't take up the full height of the view port do not have this problem.

revealmodaltouch eventoffset

Undefined

I did a screen capture using emulation. The highlighted "Brand" area is what I expect to happen every time. However, if the menu system is larger than the modal view port, I noticed when a touch event happens ... the highlight that happens is offset. (see image below).

Undefined

Notice how "Browns" highlighted area is off. Even if I touch to the left of the B, it still honors the touch event ... it's the highlight that happens after the touch that appears to be off. As I stated above, menus that don't take up the full height of the view port do not have this problem.

Rafi Benkual about 4 years ago

I can't replicate this on my blank starter project. Do you have a link where we can see what's happening and help more?

Corey Schaaf about 4 years ago

Rafi when I get it out into a production environment, I'll post it to you. Project is still ongoing and only exist internally.