Menu icon Foundation
FastClick.js and UberMenu

I recently built a site that required UberMenu. It is a nice menu system that is full of rich features, but I think it collides with FastClick.js.

When I was on an actual touch device the little hamburger icon that UberMenu provided would not toggle correctly. The user would have to hold touch for just a moment to trigger the menu but not trigger the device options like save or copy.

Once I commented out fastclick.js in the scripts all events fired correctly and no other buttons seemed to be affected.

My questions and concerns are what exactly does fastclick.js do? Is it just for edge cases? Is it an insurance plan against weird devices?

Is there anything I could do so that plugins don't collide with the stock Foundation setup? I would rather have Foundation stock and tweak the plugins ( or is that even incorrect thinking).

fastclick.jsFastClickubermenuconflictmenujavascript

I recently built a site that required UberMenu. It is a nice menu system that is full of rich features, but I think it collides with FastClick.js.

When I was on an actual touch device the little hamburger icon that UberMenu provided would not toggle correctly. The user would have to hold touch for just a moment to trigger the menu but not trigger the device options like save or copy.

Once I commented out fastclick.js in the scripts all events fired correctly and no other buttons seemed to be affected.

My questions and concerns are what exactly does fastclick.js do? Is it just for edge cases? Is it an insurance plan against weird devices?

Is there anything I could do so that plugins don't collide with the stock Foundation setup? I would rather have Foundation stock and tweak the plugins ( or is that even incorrect thinking).

Rafi Benkual about 3 years ago

You can remove fastclick. On mobile devices it removes the 300ms delay on tapping a link.