Menu icon Foundation
Bug with Accordion Semantic Markup

I have been trying to create my own custom classes for an accordion menu but have been unable to get the javascript to fire based on the example found on this page:

http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/components/accordion.html

However, when I tried to create my own custom class like the example shows here:

.your-accordion-class {
@include accordion-container;

.your-accordion-navigation-class {
@include accordion-navigation;
}

.your-accordion-content-class {
@include accordion-content;
}
}

Everything rendered but the active class was not being activated. Upon investigation, the foundation.accordion.js file hard coded with the accordion-navigation class name. So I'm not really sure how I'm suppose to add my own custom name as a result of this.

Is this a bug ... or am I missing something?

Accordion navigation

I have been trying to create my own custom classes for an accordion menu but have been unable to get the javascript to fire based on the example found on this page:

http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/components/accordion.html

However, when I tried to create my own custom class like the example shows here:

.your-accordion-class {
@include accordion-container;

.your-accordion-navigation-class {
@include accordion-navigation;
}

.your-accordion-content-class {
@include accordion-content;
}
}

Everything rendered but the active class was not being activated. Upon investigation, the foundation.accordion.js file hard coded with the accordion-navigation class name. So I'm not really sure how I'm suppose to add my own custom name as a result of this.

Is this a bug ... or am I missing something?

Accordion navigation

This post has been closed. No new replies can be added.

Jeanie Chung over 4 years ago

Hey Corey-

You're totally right and that seems like the accordion navigation class was hard-coded and never put into the settings for the plug in. We'll work on this for the next iteration of Foundation.

Rafi Benkual over 4 years ago

Corey - I would post this on GitHub so that someone has an opportunity to fix it with a Pull Request.