Menu icon Foundation
Lesson 89, Sass file structure

I tried following Zurb University, Lesson 89, Sass file structure and keep getting a compiling error for the following line, so in the code I've added here, it would be line 4 ("custom";).

I've created a folder inside the scss folder called components and then placed _custom.scss inside components folder. I've added some CSS to the _custom.scss file and get the compiling error as stated.

What is causing the error on line 4?

One thing I am not clear on with the image I have attached is line 1 where it shows "_nav-main.scss." Do you add the name of the .scss file to line one of your .scss file you're importing?

Please address all questions here if you can.

// components
@import
    "custom";      

SassPartials@importsass file structure

I tried following Zurb University, Lesson 89, Sass file structure and keep getting a compiling error for the following line, so in the code I've added here, it would be line 4 ("custom";).

I've created a folder inside the scss folder called components and then placed _custom.scss inside components folder. I've added some CSS to the _custom.scss file and get the compiling error as stated.

What is causing the error on line 4?

One thing I am not clear on with the image I have attached is line 1 where it shows "_nav-main.scss." Do you add the name of the .scss file to line one of your .scss file you're importing?

Please address all questions here if you can.

// components
@import
    "custom";      

This post has been closed. No new replies can be added.

Ben Siegfried about 4 years ago

It wasn't working because I didn't include the folder name components

// components
@import "components/custom"; 

Rafi Benkual about 4 years ago

This works just fine. The name of the file is there just for the demo. Make sure it is not in your code partial. If it is, that could cause the error like ">> invalid top-level expression"