Menu icon Foundation
Abide Validation for Checkbox Groups in Foundation 5.5.2

I see on the changelog for Foundation 5.5.2 it says "Validation for Radio and Checkbox groups" and references this commit - https://github.com/zurb/foundation/commit/adf3fbfd24b16512c1575f4e082246ba24f68946.

I don't see any way to actually get the validation to work for a checkbox group. There isn't anything additional in the documentation and when I add the required attribute to a group of checkbox inputs it still requires the user to check off each of them instead of just requiring one input in the group to be selected.

Does anyone know if I'm just misreading this item in the changelog?

Thanks!

abidevalidation

I see on the changelog for Foundation 5.5.2 it says "Validation for Radio and Checkbox groups" and references this commit - https://github.com/zurb/foundation/commit/adf3fbfd24b16512c1575f4e082246ba24f68946.

I don't see any way to actually get the validation to work for a checkbox group. There isn't anything additional in the documentation and when I add the required attribute to a group of checkbox inputs it still requires the user to check off each of them instead of just requiring one input in the group to be selected.

Does anyone know if I'm just misreading this item in the changelog?

Thanks!

This post has been closed. No new replies can be added.

Rafi Benkual over 4 years ago
Stephen over 4 years ago

Hi Rafi,

Yes, that looks to be the same as the link I added in the post. I didn't see anything in the documentation about changes needed to get the validation to work for a checkbox group and wasn't able to get it to only require at least one checkbox to be checked in a checkbox group when testing with 5.5.2. I could just be missing something though.

Jeanie Chung over 4 years ago

Hey Stephen-

At the moment, Abide doesn't have the feature to validate groups of checkboxes.

A possible work around for this is to add a counter in your custom JS, but at the moment, we're only supporting individual checkboxes to be checked.

A pull request would always be welcome. :)

Stephen over 4 years ago

Got it - thanks for the reply. Looks like I was reading too much into the changelog. I have a custom validator set up for this already, but I was hoping to be able to ditch that.