Menu icon Foundation
compass-core-1.0.1/lib/compass/core/caniuse.rb:72: warning: circular argument reference - browsers

After using foundation new [project-name] and trying to compile with compass it gives me
".rvm/gems/ruby-head/gems/compass-core-1.0.1/lib/compass/core/caniuse.rb:72: warning: circular argument reference - browsers"

How to fix it?

compass

After using foundation new [project-name] and trying to compile with compass it gives me
".rvm/gems/ruby-head/gems/compass-core-1.0.1/lib/compass/core/caniuse.rb:72: warning: circular argument reference - browsers"

How to fix it?

Rafi Benkual over 4 years ago

Did you happen to run bundle?

This will make sure you are using the correct version of Sass and Compass.

Then run bundle exec compass watch

Also, I recommend using Libsass instead as it is faster, has dependancies, and nearly same features of ruby sass.

Paul Gower about 4 years ago

Rafi, even when I run bundle exec compass watch I get this same warning warning.

Also I can't even get the starter compass project to work with compass compile. It returns this message Compass can't find any Sass files to compile but this is the starter compass project and there is a sass file in the scss folder.

Rafi Benkual about 4 years ago

If you run ruby -v what version is it?

I'm suspecting the version of ruby on your machine does not recognize some Sass arguments.

Sergio Pivaral almost 4 years ago

warning: circular argument reference - browsers

Solution: bundle update
https://www.bountysource.com/issues/7244576-warning-circular-argument-reference-browsers-with-mri-2-2-0