Menu icon Foundation
Top-bar parent links visible all over!

I wonder if any changes have been done on the top-bar. Now, all the parent links are showing even on a large desktop screen. Earlier we had the problem that it would show these only on a max-screen-width of 40em (which is also the default break point):

http://www.caydees.com/2topbardemo/topbar.html

I have done no customization to the code - straight from the download. I have downloaded only the top-bar (CSS and the required JS/jQuery.

I tried to set the JavaScript-generated parent links to show as centered, but on a production server as you see above it doesn't work, but strangely, on my local server it does.

Instead of showing "Back", I would prefer to write "Previous" or "Up 1 Level", but I just can"t find where the change can be made. In fact, the "BACK" indicator looks like a blister on its own and a waste of real estate on a mobile; giving it a complete stack all to itself is rather expensive. Is there a way to change and put a backward or upward arrow preceding the parent link. In my opinion it would look a little more compact and well thought of.

Regards,

Bit

Foundation top bar parent links

I wonder if any changes have been done on the top-bar. Now, all the parent links are showing even on a large desktop screen. Earlier we had the problem that it would show these only on a max-screen-width of 40em (which is also the default break point):

http://www.caydees.com/2topbardemo/topbar.html

I have done no customization to the code - straight from the download. I have downloaded only the top-bar (CSS and the required JS/jQuery.

I tried to set the JavaScript-generated parent links to show as centered, but on a production server as you see above it doesn't work, but strangely, on my local server it does.

Instead of showing "Back", I would prefer to write "Previous" or "Up 1 Level", but I just can"t find where the change can be made. In fact, the "BACK" indicator looks like a blister on its own and a waste of real estate on a mobile; giving it a complete stack all to itself is rather expensive. Is there a way to change and put a backward or upward arrow preceding the parent link. In my opinion it would look a little more compact and well thought of.

Regards,

Bit

Robben over 4 years ago

1) You went from where to what? 5.5.1 to 5.5.2?
Others have indeed written it can "mess up" things...

2) The Back button info is in the topbar documentation.