Menu icon Foundation
Chat app

Screenshot 2015 06 03 13 44 19

Screenshot 2015 06 03 14 03 39

I downloaded the "Chat app" to my phone. In the bottom of the app, you can type your "message" and send it. However, the input box doesn't go up when I am writing a message. Is there any way to fix this problem?

V--

Screenshot 2015 06 03 13 44 19

Screenshot 2015 06 03 14 03 39

I downloaded the "Chat app" to my phone. In the bottom of the app, you can type your "message" and send it. However, the input box doesn't go up when I am writing a message. Is there any way to fix this problem?

V--

Tim Hartwick over 4 years ago

Hi Victor,

What version of Android are you using? I tried to recreate it on a Galaxy S5 v4.4.2 and it looks like it's working.

Also, can you see how your phone preforms on the live version here http://foundation.zurb.com/apps/app-templates/chat/#!/?

Victor over 4 years ago

I'm using a LG, Android 4.4.2.

Also, I created an .apk file: installed it in my LG phone and...

Hmm...

What are the results when you view it from the live site on your phone?
http://foundation.zurb.com/apps/app-templates/chat/#!/

Victor over 4 years ago

Tim,

Thank you for your responses. What I am trying to do is to move the "input box" "message" every time I type or write a message. Jquery mobile framework has samething called position: fixed. I wondered if zurb-foundation has something that can help to keep the input box "above" where I type the messages in the chat-app. I compiled this application to test if it works. So, I created a .apk file to test it on my LG-Android phone.

The two images I added in the forum. The second image shows that the input box where I type the message gets cut with the phone keyboard. My hope is that there is a function of javascript that I can use to fix this problem.
v-

I understand your problem, but I'm having trouble recreating your issue. Fixed positioning positions the search bar to the bottom of the viewport. By default, mobile web browsers will still push that content up above the keyboard if you type. However, I'm not sure what's going on with your situation. I've got a screenshot on the same Android version here: http://i.imgur.com/cvZbjn6.jpg.

It'd be helpful if you let me know what happens when you open this link on your phone:
http://foundation.zurb.com/apps/app-templates/chat/#!/

This will narrow it down so that we can see if it is a bug for your particular device, or if it is an issue with how your phone is reading the local file.

Victor over 4 years ago

I compiled this project "chat-app" file with Phonegap . I installed the .apk file generated by Phonegap and installed in my LG android. The bar is not moving up when I type. I'm not using the web-mobile link provided above.
I hope this helps,
Thanks,
v--

Alper Cugun about 4 years ago

Some additional questions for this template:

• Why is the javascript in the templates minified?

• Why is there some random library in the app.js?

• I'm not sure how to get it to work. It would be great if as an example typing and adding a message would already work.

Oh ok, the routes.js file in there is also not being used at all?

Where are these app templates stored in github?

Geoff Kimball about 4 years ago

Hey Victor, the keyboard issue is a complex one that we haven't fully worked out yet. To start, there are differences between mobile browsers in terms of how the keyboard interacts with the viewport. Some browsers shrink the entire viewport, which would push a fixed footer (like a chat box) up, while other browsers cover the viewport with the keyboard, which would cover the chat box. This is what happens in your screenshot.

However, the intent of the developer could also vary. For example, if you have a bottom-fixed set of tabs, having the keyboard cover it is what you want. But if you have a message box for a chat app that's bottom-fixed, you'd want it to push up with the keyboard.

So we haven't been able to sort out this problem yet.

Alper, to answer your questions:;

• We distribute minified and unminified versions of the template files. Check out the dist folder of the framework.
  • What random library are you referring to? FastClick? It removes the 300ms delay that mobile browsers add for click events.
  • Foundation for Apps is just the UI layer, which is why we don't have any official tutorials on how to use Angular itself. There are tons of great resources out there to learn Angular, though.
  • Where is the routes.js file not being used? In the templates?
  • The templates aren't on GitHub yet. We still need to streamline the process of updating and deploying them when new versions of the framework are released.

But specifically this chat app has assets that have already been minified which seems to defeat the purpose.

But in other templates FastClick is a library that is simply included as a dependency not pasted into the app.js in the client folder. Shouldn't the logic be in that app.js file?

What would be helpful is some documentation as to how angular integrates with foundation because angular doesn't specify that (they have a slightly different way of doing things) and foundation doesn't give any javascript documentation whatsoever. And because the framework does all kind of stuff out of the box it is hard to figure out for anybody what the points of integration are.

Yes routes doesn't work here, for instance in the chat app I can't get to /settings whatever I try.

Mandy over 1 year ago

If your app has some in-purchase features or add-ons that you can't enjoy without paying than download apps for free and unlock all the hidden gems of your app. The app is completely free and lets you bypass any restrictions set by the developer. Don't need to root your Android device before installing the app. 

ayurveda therapy over 1 year ago

The chat application is a android version.It is helpful for  create the panchakarma treatment Kerala pages.I like to use this applications.

Raghu over 1 year ago

If you want to download and install chat apps on your android or iOS smartphone you can click here. Easy Tech trick is a best place where you can get apps for android and iOS. You can also get best emoji apps to chat with stranger and share your feelings with them without words.

shady about 1 month ago

Download it now with the free "apk downloader" except the Apk2Down.com website

shady about 1 month ago

Download it now with the free "apk downloader" except the Apk2Down.com website