Menu icon Foundation
When Foundation gets updated, what gets updated?

I've been using a lot of Foundation lately and the projects I'm working on are expected to last for years to come. I have been using the default locations for almost everything. In doing so, I almost always manipulate the _settings file in its current location.

My question is, if Foundation needs to be updated will that update override my settings in _settings?

defaultupdatesfuture-proof

I've been using a lot of Foundation lately and the projects I'm working on are expected to last for years to come. I have been using the default locations for almost everything. In doing so, I almost always manipulate the _settings file in its current location.

My question is, if Foundation needs to be updated will that update override my settings in _settings?

This post has been closed. No new replies can be added.

Rafi Benkual about 4 years ago

Nope, we thought of that :)

You're setting file in the SCSS folder does NOT get overwritten on update. You can update it manually if needed by grabbing the latest from the bower_components folder which does get the upgrade.

We are working to not add many new variables so updating the settings file won't be necessary often and the changelog will callout any new variables if they have to be added.

Astrid Paris about 4 years ago

SO glad someone asked this already! I was searching for the answer to this and finally found it (8 search results pages in). Whew!