gem 'compass-rails'
  gem 'foundation-rails'
  gem 'jquery-rails', '~> 3.0.3'
  gem 'jquery-ui-sass-rails'
  gem 'asset_sync'
  gem 'unf'
  gem 'turbo-sprockets-rails3'
end

I get a whole mess of sass errors when I place foundation-rails in my assets group and then run "compass compile"

Everything works fine if I place foundation-rails in the global scope (not in a group). How are you guys setting up foundation?

Edit: Okay, forgive my ignorance. Apparently I haven't been doing things right by using the compass gem from the command line. I am supposed to let the rails asset pipeline take care of this while developing. Is this the best way to go about things?

railsruby on railsfoundation-railsgemfileSass

#gemfile snippet
group :assets do
  gem 'uglifier', '>= 1.0.3'
  gem 'sass-rails'
  gem 'compass-rails'
  gem 'foundation-rails'
  gem 'jquery-rails', '~> 3.0.3'
  gem 'jquery-ui-sass-rails'
  gem 'asset_sync'
  gem 'unf'
  gem 'turbo-sprockets-rails3'
end

I get a whole mess of sass errors when I place foundation-rails in my assets group and then run "compass compile"

Everything works fine if I place foundation-rails in the global scope (not in a group). How are you guys setting up foundation?

Edit: Okay, forgive my ignorance. Apparently I haven't been doing things right by using the compass gem from the command line. I am supposed to let the rails asset pipeline take care of this while developing. Is this the best way to go about things?

Chris Peters over 5 years ago

Yes, let the Rails asset pipeline handle it all. It's a wonderful piece of technology!