Menu icon Foundation
Organizing folder tree for multiple Foundation projects

What is the best way to organize the folder tree to have one foundation to back several projects sitting in the same www root, but needing separate app.css compiled files ? The idea is to write as much reusable scss as possible, and change only a few things from one project to another. Do you have any advice please ?

treeorganizationfoldermodules

What is the best way to organize the folder tree to have one foundation to back several projects sitting in the same www root, but needing separate app.css compiled files ? The idea is to write as much reusable scss as possible, and change only a few things from one project to another. Do you have any advice please ?

Xandros almost 5 years ago

anyone ? :)

Adam Clark almost 5 years ago

Xandros,

I'm not sure this is possible. Maybe I'm confusing what you mean by "projects". Are you trying to have multiple websites utilize one set of Foundation files?

That's about it yes, not totally separate websites but different applications running in separate subfolders of the webserver root.

I guess I could use separate app.scss and settings files for example?

Adam Clark almost 5 years ago

Technically, I guess you could do that. However, I'm not sure how much of a performance gain you'd get by doing that, especially if you're minifying and concatenating all your assets.

The purpose is to make these separate websites benefit from some common visual cues and settings that would be defined in the partials... I guess I could duplicate those of course, but it's less simple to maintain ..